As a trusted supplier, GBIE products are eco-friendly, durable, and provide superior noise reduction.
SLIP-COAT products can provide:
- Low to no noise (squeak or itch): Mating surfaces can move relative to the seal with low to no noise.
- Low coefficient of friction: Against glass, painted sheet metal, other coated seals, plastic, leather, as well as other surfaces.
- Hiding power: Hide the parting line between a molded detail and an extrusion; hide imperfections in the surface of extrusions or moldings.
- Low gloss.
- Texture: SLIP-COAT products are commercially sold in coarse, medium, and fine textures, as well as smooth coatings. These different textures can help solve problems and provide interesting aesthetics for designers to choose from.
- Low abrasion of mating surfaces: Although it may be counter intuitive that a textured coating could avoid abrading a mating surface, our coatings have 25+ years of field experience on hundreds of vehicles without problems of abrading the mating surface.
- Haptic: The feel of the coating is important. SLIP-COAT products never feel greasy. A variety of different surfaces are possible which create different textures as well as other more difficult to describe haptics such as silky or buttery.
SLIP-COAT products can adhere to:
- TPE: TPE, TPO, TPV
- EPDM: dense, sponge, molding, microdense, conductive, colored
- PVC: more flexible or less flexible
- Other: our coatings are used on other substrates that we don’t discuss for competitive reasons, ask us if our products can add value to your products or solve problems for your part.
Since SLIP-COAT products are waterbased, they are inherently non-flammable and have very low volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
Most products also have minimal health hazards and no environmental hazards according to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). SLIP-COAT products supplied to the EU do not contain any substances of very high concern (SVHC) as listed on the Candidate List.
Moreover, some of GBIE’s newest SLIP-COAT products are classified as non-hazardous according to GHS regulations.